Frequently Asked Questions

What is the difference between a royalty owner and a working interest owner?

A royalty owner shares in production revenues and a working-interest owner shares in both production revenues and development and operating expenses.

What is the purpose of my "Owner Number?"

You have been assigned an exclusive six-digit owner number to distinguish you from our other interest owners. When communicating with us, please include your owner number. Your owner number can be found in the upper right hand corner of your revenue detail or JIB statement.

When are revenue checks mailed?

Revenue checks are mailed on the last business day of each month and generally include production for 60 days prior (i.e. April production is paid on the June check).

What kinds of taxes are deducted from my check?

Just production taxes, which are detailed on the production statement that accompanies each revenue check.

What are the Joint Interest Billing (JIB) deductions on my check?

These deductions are attributable to monthly operating expenses for the well / lease which include supervision, state reporting, transportation, compression or gathering charges. Salt water disposal charges may also be included and once a year there are charges for the tax reporting documents we provide to you.

What are considerations when I haven't received my check?

We remit revenue to you once your balance exceeds $100 unless you have previously requested from us in writing to be set up with a $25 minimum pay status. Amounts over $10 but under your minimum pay amount are paid annually in January.

Occasionally, payments are held due to matters which create uncertainty as to ownership, such as a notice of death, change of address, transfer of property, assignment of interest or legal dispute. Payments due are accumulated and released when the matter affecting ownership has been resolved.

What should I do if my check is lost, stolen, damaged or older than the 90 days listed on the check?

Please allow 30 business days to receive your check. If your check is lost, stolen or more than 90 days old, contact Pamela Durst in our Client Relations department at 512-212-3003.

What are "Stale dated" Checks?

Our revenue checks are not negotiable after 90 days. If you did not deposit your check within that time frame, we must re-issue the check. Please return the check to the address listed below and we will take the necessary steps to void and reissue this amount (with full detail) on your next revenue check.

Energy Investment Group 
Attn: Client Relations
317 Ranch Road 620 S., Ste. 205
Austin, TX 78734

When are royalty payments suspended?

The reasons for suspending your revenue are: title dispute, death of owner, transfer of ownership, unknown address, and assignment of ownership. It is done to protect you, and the money will be released as soon as the problem is resolved. Keeping your information current may prevent this inconvenience.

How do I transfer my interest in a property?

Please see Ownership Change section for documents required by Energy Investment Group.

Contact us for an Investment Consultation!